OUR NETWORK: TechLore MyOpenRouter DVR Playground Dijit Community About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 55061.7
February 6, 2013 09:18 PM

Categories: Televisions

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Lyida

I want to buy a 3D TV so that I don't need to go to the cinema for 3D movies. However,  there are too many brands for me to choose.  I don't know which one is better. I want to know the popular ones. Anyone can tell me the popular brands of 3D TV? Thank you for your kindness.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-6 of 6 | Latest Comment

February 18, 2013 9:25 AM

After a lot of research and on the advice of a long time friend that fixes TV's for a living we bought a 60" Sharp Aquos Quattron. Robert's advice is: Buy (in this order) Sharp Sony or Samsung because I can get parts to fix if needed. Visio is OK as they can be repaired. Otherwise if you say the name and giggle don't buy it! We LOVE our Sharp! Had to replace the Samsung Blu Ray DVD player (just went off line with a mind of it's own and it's been repaired once under warranty) so we bought a Sharp 3D Blu Ray and along with the Sharp sound bar we've been good to go.

March 14, 2013 10:38 PM

I think Panasonic, Samsung and Sony are good brands for that.

March 20, 2013 9:14 PM

PB said: After a lot of research and on the advice of a long time friend that fixes TV's for a living we bought a 60" Sharp Aquos Quattron. Robert's advice is: Buy (in this order) Sharp Sony or Samsung because I can get parts to fix if needed. Visio is OK as they can be repaired. Otherwise if you say the name and giggle don't buy it! We LOVE our Sharp! Had to replace the Samsung Blu Ray DVD player (just went off line with a mind of it's own and it's been repaired once under warranty) so we bought a Sharp 3D Blu Ray and along with the Sharp sound bar we've been good to go.
Thank you for your great ideas. Sharp, Sony and Samsung are famous brand. I also like them. What about Panasonic? My old TV is a Panasonic TV but it isn't a 3D TV. Thus, I can't enjoy it with 3D movie. I think Panasonic is also great. I am thinking about it.

March 20, 2013 9:19 PM

movefaster said: I think Panasonic, Samsung and Sony are good brands for that.
Thank you for your idea. I like Panasonic for its great quality. My old Panasoic TV has been used for near 20 years. Although it had problems for several times, but it is durable over all. I am busy looking for Panasonic TV these days. I found Panasonic ST50 is quite well and it is very popular. I really want to have a try.

March 21, 2013 6:53 AM

I seldom see a Panosonic in Robert's shop but when I do it's either an "easy fix" or it's "toast" because parts are never available. We bought a Sharp Aquos Quattron for a number of reasons but mostly because of the fact I've yet to see a Sharp in his shop and of all the various TV's (still mostly CRT's) in our home the Sharps are still going strong and now among the oldest. Watched a 3D two nights ago and it was GREAT!

March 21, 2013 9:22 PM

PB said: I seldom see a Panosonic in Robert's shop but when I do it's either an "easy fix" or it's "toast" because parts are never available. We bought a Sharp Aquos Quattron for a number of reasons but mostly because of the fact I've yet to see a Sharp in his shop and of all the various TV's (still mostly CRT's) in our home the Sharps are still going strong and now among the oldest. Watched a 3D two nights ago and it was GREAT!
From your information, i can see that the Sharp TV is a great TV. I want to know your 3D glasses. Where did you buy  your 3D glasses?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-6 of 6 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window