OUR NETWORK: TechLore MyOpenRouter DVR Playground Dijit Community About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 326932.0
July 16, 2012 10:19 AM

Categories: 3D Movies

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

ldp11jc

Hey,

Have you ever watched a 3D subtitled film or TV programme? If so, then I would love to hear from you!

I am a postgraduate student currently studying for an MA in screen translation at the University of Sheffield, UK. My dissertation is concerned with the new generation of 3D subtitles that is emerging in today’s broadcasting industry. However, due to the subjects infancy there is a severe lack of existing research. Therefore, I am looking for anyone who has had the opportunity to watch 3D subtitles in action to fill out my short questionnaire. By doing so, I hope to gain a better understanding of the attitudes and perceptions that you, the viewing public, hold towards 3D subtitles.

Please, click on the link to be taken to the brief online questionnaire:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/59NKPWB

Thanks and best wishes,

ldp11jc

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

October 22, 2012 10:09 AM

exelent

March 22, 2014 12:20 PM

Very interesting stuff.

I just worked on a 3D film in Thailand.
We were sitting around in the jungle and debated the use of 3D subtitles.
Would you have any resource we can contact? We are editing the film now, we may try to add a 3D subtitle pending cost and if we can get the proper know how in time.

If you care to help or point me in the direction, I can explain the3D subtitle process to you as we do it?
Fair trade?

Hidopa

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window