OUR NETWORK: TechLore MyOpenRouter DVR Playground Dijit Community About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1.61705E7
March 8, 2011 05:02 PM

Categories: 3D Movies

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Ron Repking

Editor

It didn't occur to me until I saw a Netflix ad on this site, that I should be able to order a 3D movie from Netflix rather than dishing out the $30 for a movie.  However, going to their site, they do list a few 3D movies, but it doesn't look like they are actually available in 3D.

Has anyone been successful at actually getting a 3D movie from Netflix?  Does anyone know what Netflix's plans are for providing 3D movies?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-25 of 30 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

March 8, 2011 7:32 PM

Sadly, Netflix does not offer 3D rentals at this time. Considering how they seem to be trying to do away with discs, I wouldn't be too hopeful on those types of rentals. That said, they announced plans to stream to the 3DS, so maybe they will stream 3D to TVs as well?

In the meantime, VUDU does offer 3D streaming, as do many service providers.

March 9, 2011 1:47 PM

I viewed a streamed 3d movie from VUDU for $5.99 and I was impressed, it was blu-ray quality.

July 6, 2011 11:48 PM

What format did VUDU stream the 3D movie in? If it was side-by-side then it couldn't be blu-ray quality. Sensio's 3D format is the only one I know that can stream near blu-ray quality, but right now Vizio is the only major TV manufacturer to have ability to decode Sensio format. I'm really hoping that when Netflix and others start streaming 3D movies they will support Sensio, because my experience with side-by-side is that it looks SD.

August 11, 2011 2:22 AM

*** Deleted By Moderator ***

View unverified member's comment - posted by columbiasue

September 7, 2011 2:41 PM

There's a new 3D Blu-ray rental online store opening September 12. They have the cheapest prices I have found online and have a wide selection:

www.3dblurayrentals.com

October 23, 2011 12:22 PM

3D streaming quality is not as good as the read Blu Ray disk I have tried streaming and I prefer renting or buying the disks they look far better to me so I for one will not be streaming any more from anyone and my friends are convinced they should stick with Blu Ray disks also. I just saved the link to 3dblurayrentals.com and will soon check them out.

October 23, 2011 12:23 PM

3D streaming quality is not as good as the read Blu Ray disk I have tried streaming and I prefer renting or buying the disks they look far better to me so I for one will not be streaming any more from anyone and my friends are convinced they should stick with Blu Ray disks also. I just saved the link to 3dblurayrentals.com and will soon check them out.

October 23, 2011 12:53 PM

Sensio announced recently that they will start offering streaming 3D movies in blu-ray quality this fall using their proprietary format. I'm anxious to see what content they will be offering and what the price will be.

January 29, 2012 11:37 AM

Verizon FIOS on demand streams 3d movies (some of them at no additional charge) and the quality is every bit as good as the blu-ray version. I watched Avatar streaming and I also have the blu-ray disc and I could not detect any difference.

February 10, 2012 10:10 AM updated: February 10, 2012 10:12 AM

I have a verizon premium package. I recently found out that I can watch 3d moies in 3d (shutter glases on stars and hbo channels. The movies are of
excellent quality. I recently purchased a 55" plasma set.

February 10, 2012 12:28 PM

Yes I also think Verizon FIOS, on demand has that ability however they are not servicing my area because all the landlords where I live have contracts with Cablevision TV, and will not allow verizon Fios, to run any wires in or around their buildings so I called Verizon, and they don't seem to care all they said was that's a shame they shouldn't be allowed to force you yo use cablevision, but didn't have the area listed for installing service. maybe it's time to move out.

February 18, 2012 1:53 AM updated: February 18, 2012 1:56 AM

3DBluRayRentals.com lists 3D titles for rent on E-Bay for $3.99 to 7.99 except Avatar in 3D for, get this, $24.99 for RENT!!! I thought this was a typo but that price is listed on their web site also. For the most part the web site seems to be pretty honest. Has gotten a huge amount of positive feedback on E-Bay. 1888 positives in the last year compared to only 17 neutrals and 10 negatives over that same time span. Mistacee is the user name. Most of the complaints were that his listings were misleading in that he showed pictures of the rentals in cases but only mails the discs in a paper wrapper. Some negatives said that they had received broken discs. Another complaint is very poor communication but hasn't ripped anyone off yet

View unverified member's comment - posted by serabella

February 19, 2012 5:02 PM

I just received this email but can not see this post here so i think I will just paste it here and comment bellow it.

serabella has posted a new comment:

It is nie to know about thiis verizon fios and 3dbluerayrentals.com but that does not answer the guys question about netflix. First, www.fcc.gov might have an issue with landlords that 'prohibit' verizon fios. second, unless you are receiving a commission from 3dbluerayrentals.com, it has NOTHING to do with netflix. If someone has the answer then post it otherwise, this thread...

First this question was answered at the top of the page it states NetFlix, does not offer 3D movies SBS at this time and as for www.fcc.gov they are very weak these days and realy can't do much I spoke to my attorney about this when I had to see him for another matter and he said the landlord has the right to refuse any or all TV subscription/s he choses because it's his property as long as it's in the lease which it is in all of the buildings leases where I reside. He went on to say he can even take you to court to have it removed if he can prove the installation caused any damage or unsightlyness to the building and make you pay for it and his time. Some of the landlords here don't even bother to go to court they just cut all the cables leading to your residence and if there is a satelite dish involved they take that also and tell you to take them to court.

June 6, 2012 7:36 PM

We offer a large selection of blu-ray 3D movies and 3D games for rent, PayPal Express Checkout and free shipping both ways. Come check us out.
www.3Dparty.org

June 16, 2012 9:38 AM

While Netflix doesn't tell you what movies they have in 3D--some actually are available in 3D. I wanted to watch Cave of Forgotten Dreams but only in 3D. Before I went to another rental company, I thought I would just go ahead and see what Netflix would send. The disc had both the 2D and 3D versions. This happened to me for another rental as well.

October 17, 2012 12:40 AM

Netflix will not be doing away with discs it is the bread and butter of the company, they are trying to expand streaming with tons of titles. As far as 3D movies go there are some movies on there i rented the movie "Bait" and it came in 3D i know they have some more but i don't know the names may want to Google some 3D movie titles.

November 12, 2012 2:56 PM

For NETFLIX disc rentals, Just type "3D" in the search box and all the 3D titles come up. There are plenty. Movies, documentaries, kids learning, etc.

November 12, 2012 4:47 PM

I've been told that even when the search for 3D movies on Netflix returns results the disc you receive will not be the 3D disc

View unverified member's comment - posted by Starfire

January 7, 2013 8:42 AM

This happened to me for another rental as well.
Can you hint at what the other title was....I've been going to Amazon and looking at the discs to figure out what is a 1 disc title (with both versions)Thanks!

View unverified member's comment - posted by Starfire

View unverified member's comment - posted by Sam Rules

February 10, 2013 2:00 PM

The "so called" "White supremacists and local fringe hate crimers. Our world is changed and come a long way from hate fighting Just to prove you're the perfect and "chosen" seen through other sensitve Drs.done in such a matter, that makes these something I can do. It has integrated from within the global village.

jray.tyler

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-25 of 30 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window