OUR NETWORK:TechLore MyOpenRouter DVR Playground Dijit Community About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 159539.0
June 27, 2010 12:01 PM

Categories: Cables and Connections

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Charlie58

I have a 5 year old Samsung DLP TV with only 1 HDMI port. Need a HDMI port from the Receiver to the TV and one HDMI port from the PS3 to the TV. My question is is there any type of adaptor that I can use to split the HDMI port for right now?  I'm getting a new TV early next year which will have more HDMI ports.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

June 28, 2010 8:08 AM

Monoprice has many extremely affordable HDMI splitters. Most are under $100. Gefen has more expensive options, but I've heard good things... good luck!

June 30, 2010 10:39 AM

Why don't you run the PS3 through the receiver?

June 30, 2010 3:03 PM

This is all new to me. This is all the equipment that I will be using listed below. Can someone tell me if this is correct way to connect the equipment. Using all HDMI Cables except for CD Player. I would appreciate anyone's opinion
CD player to Receiver
PS3 to the Receiver (Answer from usacomp2k3) Thank you
Blu-Ray to the Reciver
DirecTV DVR Player to Receiver
Receiver to TV HDMI Port
Thank you
charlie

June 30, 2010 4:58 PM

If you have enough ports on your receiver, that is the preferred way of doing it. That way you can do all the switching from the receiver. The only time you wouldn't want to would be if you are watching 3d content on an older receiver that won't pass that video signal through, but I don't think that applies to you.

June 30, 2010 5:55 PM

Yes I do have plenty of ports on my receiver.i will be doing a 3D tv within the next year. I do have that problem solve with the Panasonic DMP-BDT350 Blu-Ray which has two HDMI ports that will pass that video signal through.
Just want to thank you for all your help.
Charlie

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window